Wednesday, March 12, 2008

on right now

Well let me just say I am pretty joyful even though it is snowing for the 76th day in a row here in New Brunswick. That’s not accurate so don’t get your knickers in a knot objecting or objectifying. I think about sex politics more than the weather. Whatever.

I am joyful because my lesbian friends are having a baby. And the higher-risk pregnancy (they are not young dewy Nicole Ritchies, but I think they are babes) is looking safe. And they’ll get paid mat leave for a year. And then their little boy will hang out with me and I’ll teach him a thing or two about men.

So if that isn’t something to be happy about I don’t know what is.

Although I imagine I should make a plug for paid mat leave for the self-employed, the studying, and the home-making. Plug!

But back to how amazing it is to live in this world, right now, here. It is.

No comments: